The Sex Opera ...Season 2

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Chapter 6, part 2

Brie stepped into the living room and immediately the telephone rang. She tried to walk faster but it wasn’t happening. As she approached the cordless phone, she checked the caller ID and a smile stretched across her face.

She grabbed the phone and leaned against the arm of the sofa. “Hello, Frankie Poo.”

“Hey, sexy woman. How are you feeling this morning?”

“I’m fabo. How’s your trip going so far?”

“Business as usual. I’m just closing up a few ends and going through a few invoices from vendors. But with all this work on my desk, I had to stop and take a moment and talk to my baby whose carrying my baby.”

This was the first time Frank had acknowledged her unborn child as his own. Even though he had no part of its DNA, she never felt that he would grow attached to her unborn fetus. Brie smiled and rubbed her midsection.

“That’s so sweet of you.”

A knock at her door snatched her away from her happy moment. “Oh shoot! Someone’s at the door.” She stood from the sofa arm and started toward the door.

“Whose could be at the door this early?”

“Oh it’s probably Parker. I just came from his house a few minutes ago.”

“Why?”

“I just needed somebody to hear me bitch and moan about missing you, that’s all.”

Frank laughed. “I’ll be home before you know it. I just have to tie up a few loose ends here.”

“I know. I just hate I couldn’t fly with you. I would’ve loved to be in Arizona right now.”

“Believe me you wouldn’t. It’s entirely too hot for someone in your state.”

Brie finally made it to the door. She swung open the door. Her mouth dropped as the phone fell to her feet. “What the fuck are you doing here?”

“I see someone out of their right mind got you knocked up again.”

“Answer my damn question, Gertrude.”

Gertrude pushed her way pass Brie and stood in the foyer checking out the décor. “Just wanted to stop by and see how my sister-in-law was doing. Humph, looks like you’re doing pretty well for yourself after all these years.”

“Yeah, with no thanks to your no good brother.”

Gertrude snapped her neck and pushed Brie in the shoulder. “Watch your fuckin’ tongue about my brother. I don’t have a problem beating a pregnant bitch down to the ground.”

Brie stepped backward still holding onto the door handle. “What do you want, Gertrude?”

“I came to see if you’d fess up to killing my brother.”

Brie heard her name being called. She leaned over and struggled to reach for the phone at her missing feet.

Gertrude dashed across the room and grabbed the phone and placed it against her ear. “Brie’s got company right now. She’ll have to call you back.” Then she rudely disconnected the call.

“Bitch, how you gon’ come in my house tryin’ to regulate shit?”

Gertrude tossed the phone into the living. “Listen, I didn’t come here to argue with your ass. We can do this the easy way and you can just tell me what you did to my brother. Or we can do the shit the hard way.”

Brie smacked her lips and started into the living. Gertrude grabbed a fistful of hair and slung her against the vestibule table causing the glass vase to crash to the floor. Brie swatted at her hand and fought to free her hair.

“I know you had something to do with his disappearance and it’s only a matter of time before I figure the shit out.”

“Let go of my fuckin’ hair or I’ll-”

“Or you’ll what bitch? Call you’re little boyfriend and have me killed too?” Brie’s eyes went cold before Gertrude tightened her grip on her locks. “You hear me and you hear me good. I’m going to find out what you did to my brother and you better pray nothing has happened to him or your days are numbered.”

Gertrude shoved Brie into the door, causing her stumble into the entry door and bumping her spine against the brass door handle. Brie winced in pain and grabbed her stomach.

Gertrude stepped back and smiled at her agonizing moment. “I’ll be back and you better have some answers to my questions.”

Pain shot through Brie’s limbs causing her to cower over in pain. Gertrude pushed her to the side and stepped out the door and slammed it behind her. Brie slid down the wall until she sat uncomfortably on the cool floor. Tears burned the back of her eyes as prickling pain stabbed at her belly and lower back.