The Sex Opera ...Season 2

Sunday, June 04, 2006

recap 3

Following twenty-three minutes of driving, she shut off the ignition and sat in the silence. She stared at the door waiting to see if anyone would exit. After ten minutes of nothing, she reached in the backseat and grabbed her leather gloves, jacket, and hat. She dressed herself as if it was ten degrees below freezing and opened the door. Leaving the keys in the ignition, she climbed out the car and made her way to the door. The long walk through the parking lot seemed endless until she coiled her hand around the silver door handle.

She quietly stepped inside and made her way to the elevator. She glanced over at the security guard who was sleeping soundly at his post. She pressed the up button. As she waited a man walked into the lobby wearing a leather jacket and fitted cap pulled down over his eyes. He stood next to her and pressed the down button. She glanced over at him, noting the toothpick nestled between his lips.

He turned in her direction. “How you doin’?” he asked with a deep, raspy voice.

“I’m fine and yourself?”

“I’m cool.”

Ding. The elevator opened and she stepped inside, pressed the designated floor and focused her attention on the mechanic numbers above the door.

Michael Bolton unmistakable voice came through the speakers. “Why did that man ever decide to make another album after the first? Jesus he makes my skin crawl, gosh damn whiney man.” She said as the metal doors opened. “Here’s goes nothing.” She grabbed her purse and held it snuggly against her side.

She knocked on the door and waited, counting in her head. The door opened when she reached eight. She pushed pass the door, stepped inside, and stared in the face of the man she had grown to hate and despise with everything in her heart. “Mark, I hate to bother you at this time of night.”

He took a sip from his forty-ounce malt liquor bottle. “Yeah, whatever, man. You got my fuckin’ money?”

Her fingers grasped the purse tightly. “Yes, it right here.”

He shrugged. “Well? What the fuck is you waitin’ on? Give me my shit!” He took a seat on the sofa.

Jaleesa accessed his bruised face and noted his squinted facial expressions as he made himself comfortable.

“I see you haven’t changed since I’ve been gone. You’re still drinking cheap corner store booze and keeping the place a wreck.”

“Shut the fuck up and get to the point.”

Jaleesa stepped across the room. “Are you okay?”

He cocked his head to the side. “Are you genuinely concerned or just stallin’?”

She clasped her hands together and stared at him intently. “I’m genuinely concerned. What happened to you?”

“I walked into a door. Now give me my fuckin’ money.”

“Excuse yourself for being so anal.”

“Oh, yeah? Well pardon me for saying this, but your fuckin’ ass wasn’t too concerned when you stole from me so why all of sudden you expect me to bow down and kiss your fuckin’ ass when you should be kissin’ mine?”

Jaleesa grunted. “You got a point. But I was in a bad way then. I wasn’t thinking of the consequences that I might incur. I knew I was going to have to make amends for what I did and that’s why I’m here.”

“Yeah, well, it’s nice to see you, now give me my fuckin’ money,” he said dryly as he took another swig from his brown bottle.

Jaleesa reached inside her purse and withdrew the brown envelope and tossed it across the room to him. “There you go. It’s all there. The money I took and all the money for the value of the drugs I used.”

Mark didn’t respond as he tore open the package. Jaleesa strolled into the kitchen and started on the cold water. She grabbed a dingy kitchen towel from the cupboard and wet it under the running water. After wringing the excess water, she opened the freezer and retrieved the ice tray. Twisting the plastic tray, she forced the cubes to loosen before dropping several blocks of ice onto the towel.

“You know, Mark, I was nothing but good to you,” she said, wrapping the towel into a tight pack. “Even though it was wrong for me to get involved with you, I wanted to build my life around you.” She slammed the freezer door and shut off the water. “I thought we had something that was special, but that was in the beginning, I guess basically you were courting me just to win my trust so you could have your way with me.”

“Bingo! The bitch does own a brain,” he said, raising his bottle in the air.

She stepped back into the living room and stopped at the sofa. She peered down at him and placed the ice pack against his cheek. “Hold that there.”

He swatted her hand away causing the ice to fly across the room. “You’re not my damn mother! Get the fuck away from me with that bullshit! Save that shit for your son.”

Jaleesa eyebrows curved. “You know a little appreciation would be nice.”

“Fuck you!”

She reached behind her shoulder and swung her leather-covered hand forward, planting the back of her fist across his jaw.

He grabbed his face and stared at her. “Bitch! I wouldn’t try that shit again.”

“Oh yeah, well what the fuck are you gonna do? You’re lucky I didn’t knock out one of your teeth.”

He chuckled. “It’s funny how a bitch gets brave when they bring they debts to zero. Whoopdeedoo.” He twirled his finger in the air. “Get the fuck outta here with that shit!”

Click. Clack. Her footsteps echoed throughout the apartment as they tapped against the hardwood floor as she stepped away. “Where are all your women?” She glanced down the hall with her hands in her pocket. “No one wanted to come over and take care of their pimp?”

“Fuck off. Why don’t you show yourself out? We have nuttin’ else to discuss.”

“Oh, I think we do.” She walked toward the door. “You know the other day, I was stopped in the grocery store by some familiar faces. You know those guys you had rape me?”

A chuckled came from his throat. “Oh really?”

“Yes. I wanted to tell you in person that I didn’t appreciate you sending your gang squad on me.”

“Kinda like I didn’t appreciate you stealin’ from me?”

“True that. But I wanted to make sure that before you to get on the horn and call off that hit you have on me.”

“That’s it? After I make the call, you’re going to take your sorry ass the fuck outta here?”

“I promise.” She reached for the cordless phone on the coffee table, pressed the talk button, and threw it at him like a quarterback on Monday night football. The phone hit him in the chest, bounced off him and landed on the sofa.

He clutched his chest in pain and mumbled something under his breath.

“Shut up and dial,” she demanded as she stepped toward the door. She pulled at her leather gloves and stood at the door.

Mark dialed a number quickly. “Hey, what’s up? Listen I want you to call Stone, Chase, James, T-pain and Dominic and let them know the bitch is free and clear.” He stared at Jaleesa as she stood with her hand on the doorknob. “No. She’s covered her ass. I’m sittin’ here right now countin’ my money. She’s all good.” He ended the call and tossed the phone back to the coffee table. “Are you happy now?”

“Yes, but not as happy as I’m gonna be.”

“What the fuck is you talkin’ about?” he asked.

“You didn’t think it was really going to be that easy did you?”

“What?”

“I mean you think that deceiving me, having me raped, slapping and beating was fun for me? I was scared to cross the street in fear that you would be lurking around waiting to attack me.”

“And you should’ve been.”

“No that’s where you’re wrong. Dead wrong.”

She twisted the doorknob, opening the door. The guy with the toothpick stood at the door with his hands behind his back. Jaleesa waved him inside.

“What the fuck is this?” Mark asked with a low tone.

“Let’s call this a little payback, muthafucka,” Jaleesa said with authority. “Now I want that money I just gave you, the money in your safe, and the drugs you got stashed around this place.”

“What makes you think I’m gonna give you my shit? Bitch, you must be crazy.”

Jaleesa stepped in front of Mark and patted him on his swollen cheek. “You damn right I’m crazy and now I’m going to show you just how crazy I am.”

The toothpick chewer stood by her side and reached behind his back, extracting a handheld gun with a silencer at the opening.

“Now, let’s try this again. I know you’re not the brightest star in the sky, so I’m going to say it one more time.” Her voice deepened. “Where’s the shit?”

Mark sat with his mouth open as the guy aimed his caliber weapon at his head. The red beam zeroed onto the middle of his forehead.

“Ohh, Mark, heeeey, Markiepoo, can you feel that?”

“Feel what?” Mark asked with his eyes staring in the hole of the gun.

Jaleesa clucked her tongue and smiled devilishly. “Your heart beating three times its normal speed. Thumping so fast that you can hear it outside your ears. That hot moisture forming in the pits of your arms as you try not to move an inch. Oh no, how about the prickling pain that bolting through your stomach as you wish this moment wasn’t happening. That’s called fear. It’s not a very pleasant emotion now is it?”

He shook his head and formed a frown.

Click. Clack. Click. Clack. She stood in front of him, snatched to the envelope from his hands. “I’ll take that. Thank you very much.” She turned to her guard. “Keep an eye on him while I get what’s rightfully mine.”

She made her way to the bedroom and the hit man stepped across the room with the gun still aiming at his head. Within minutes, Jaleesa returned to the living room carrying a large satchel.

“Whoa! I hit the jackpot didn’t I, Mark? You were living large. I thought you were small in this drug game but I was sadly mistaken. You got a lot of shit in there.” She said, counting through bound money. She juggled a couple of huge sacks of marijuana. “I have to go get a bag and load this shit up. I didn’t think I would need a suitcase to clean your raggedy ass out. This is too fun.”

“I told you I was hustla. I wasn’t lying about that.”

She giggled. “You’re right about that. You’re big time, it’s too bad your reign has to end.” She trotted back to the bedroom and came back with a traveler’s bag.

She reached in the black suitcase and handed a smaller bag to the hit man. “This is for you. It’s filled with a couple of pounds of weed and jewelry. Oh wait a second.” She turned to Mark. “Take that shit off.”

“What?”

“Oh don’t play simple, stupid. The watch, the rings, and those chains, give ‘em up nigga.”

With a snarl, Mark didn’t hesitate to strip himself of his jewels. He winced and groaned as he undraped the necklaces from around his neck. He threw them on the table and she gathered them and stuffed them in the hit man’s bag.
Mark’s face was hard as stone. “You lucky you got your boy wit’ you or I would’ve…”

“You’ve what, nigga? From the looks of your face, you weren’t going to do shit. Oh, what you thought I was going to do the J-Lo and come in here and whoop your ass?” She shook her head. “Nah, I’m not stupid. I know I couldn’t over power you physically, so instead I just had to out smart your dumb ass.” Click. Clack. Click. Clack. “Well, Mark, I want to take a moment to thank you for the gifts.” She waved once and then clapped her hands together. “I think we’re done here. Now I’ll bid you a farewell and I’ll be on my way. I’m going to meet up with my partner and it was pleasure having you by my side.” She patted gunman on the chest and showed herself out the apartment.

Before stepped out the door, she turned and blew Mark a kiss, “Good night, Beeyatch!”

The gunman walked backward giving himself five feet of distance before he squeezed the trigger, expelling six bullets into Mark’s body. Without blinking, he shot hot metal in chest, two in the stomach and lastly two in the head. Mark’s body slumped over with blood eluded from his wounds, dripping down his body onto the sofa. The gunman blew the end of his gun like an old western movie and walked out of the apartment, closing the door with his leather glove covered hand.

****

“With everything that’s transpired, I can’t believe this day is coming to an end,” Brie said, snuggling against Frank’s chest.

“You’re right. You know I hate to admit it but I wanted to blow Mark’s brains out with the gun. Just the thought of what he put you through, I was just…”

Brie pressed her fingers against Frank’s lips. “Shhhh…let’s not think about it. Mark will meet his maker one day. Let’s let bygones be just that.”

“You’re right. I’m not going to think about it anymore. I’m going to concentrate on you.” He paused. “However, I do wonder how your neighbor his doing right now.”

****
After bandaging his cut knuckles, Parker stared at the ceiling until his eyelids could no long sustain the torture. He turned off the lamp next to his bed and called it a night. Finally.

“I pray for you Jaleesa. I pray that you’re safe from harm’s way,” he said before he drifted into a light slumber.

****

Jaleesa arrived at Rico’s place right on schedule. She knocked on his door, and he answered the door soon after.

“Come on in,” he greeted. “Did everything go well?”

She stepped inside wearing a dazzling smile. “Yes, it did and I’m so glad it’s finally over.” She rolled the suitcase full of drugs toward him. “There you go. It was actually more than I bargained. I’m not sure of the street value is but I think you will be pleased.”

Rico accepted the bag. “Please have a seat, Jaleesa.”

“No I can’t I need to be leaving.” She reached in her purse. “And here’s the money I borrowed from you too.” She handed it over and smiled. “Thank you for all your help with everything.”

“Piece of cake. Anyway, I should be really thanking you. You helped me get rid of my competition and made me a rich man. Do you know what this is?” He reached inside the case and held up a brown wrapped package.

“No, but something tells me that you’re happy to have it,” she answered.

“This is a kilo of coke which has a street value of over one hundred thousand dollars.”

Jaleesa’s eyes widened. “And if I’m not mistaken, there are several of those in there.”

“That’s right.” He smiled. “So you take this envelope and…” he reached in his desk drawer and handed her a large gift box, “…this is a special thank you.”

She opened the box and stared at three stacks of crisp hundred dollar bills. “I can’t accept this.”

“Psst, please. As much money as you just handed me. That’s the least I can do for you,” Rico said.

They shared a laugh.

“Jaleesa, if ever you need anything, you be sure to call me. I don’t care how big or small.”

She nodded slowly. “Thanks. I will.”

They shook hands before Jaleesa stepped out of the house.

She walked to her car, swinging her keys on her index finger feeling like a new woman as she got into her car. When she started the engine the low fuel indicator flashed on.

“Oh, isn’t this great? Now I gotta fill up.” She reached on the backseat and smiled. “But who cares!” She opened her present and grabbed a fifty-dollar bill from one of the many rubber-band money bundles. She didn’t bother counting how much she made out with, but she knew she would be well set for the immediate future. She shifted the car into drive and drove away with the smooth sounds of jazz playing as her theme music.

“I’ll fill ‘er up in the morning.”